Join us as we create an empathy mobile phone app designed to encourage greater empathy among our communities and decision-makers – for far reaching change.
How will the app work?
The ‘Empathy’ app will be designed help users to better understand what empathy is and train themselves to improve their empathy levels (muscles!). It will do this by providing users with:
- background information about empathy, its benefits for us as individualsand in our societies;
- tips and guidelines on the best way to have empathetic conversations,including examples of empathetic questions;
- examples of creative and stimulating activities you can bring into your life to train your empathetic muscles;
- advice about ways you can learn to be more self-empathetic to be able to look after your own emotional needs and be able to “safely empathise” with others, including a self-soothing meditation audio recorded by one of our Australia21 Directors;
- an empathy texting platform, where users can choose to practice the empathy skills they have learnt and meet and learn from others, through having empathetic conversations with other users. If users want to take the conversations further (beyond the texting platform) they can then choose to meet other users face to face.