The trademark of an empath is feeling and absorbing other people’s emotions and/or physical symptoms because of their high sensitivities. These people filter the world through their intuition and have a difficult time intellectualizing their feelings. As a psychiatrist and empath myself, I know the challenges of being a highly sensitive person.
When overwhelmed with the impact of stressful emotions, empaths may experience panic attacks, depression, chronic fatigue, food, sex, and drug binges, or exhibit many other physical symptoms that defy traditional diagnosis.
1. Empaths are highly sensitive….
2. Empaths absorb other people’s emotions…..
3. Many empaths are introverted…..
4. Empaths are highly intuitive…..
5. Empaths need alone time…..
6. Empaths can become overwhelmed in intimate relationships…..
7. Empaths are targets for energy vampires…..
8. Empaths become replenished in nature…..
9. Empaths have highly tuned senses…..
10. Empaths have huge hearts but sometimes give too much…..
Judith Orloff, M.D