Why is empathy and compassion so important when building a social purpose culture? In this episode of the Move Minds Podcast learn how vital empathy and compassion are when creating social and cultural change.
What is Empathy and Compassion?
Empathy is the ability to understand and share the feelings of another.
Compassion is the genuine concern for the sufferings or misfortunes of others.
Facts We Discussed
- Helping others brings the same pleasure we get from the gratification of personal desires.
- It’s important to deeply understand other people’s issues.
- We can teach compassion and empathy by leading by example.
- Empathy fuels connection with others.
- Vulnerability is a strength not a weakness.