The Center for Empathy in International Affairs, in collaboration with the European Institute of Peace, held a full day consultation with 18 mediators and experts in Brussels on Friday, 4 March 2016.
The participants included individuals from a range of institutions including:
- the Centre for Humanitarian Dialogue – HD, Crisis Management Initiative,
- European External Action Service,
- European Institute of Peace,
- European Parliament Mediation Support Service,
- King’s College London,
- Oxford Research Group,
- Peaceful Change Initiative
- , Swisspeace
- and the United Nations.
Their diverse views and insights are captured in this new CEIA paper: Changing Minds: Briefing on Empathy in Mediation.