Everyone is talking about the importance of empathy, and many people think that we need more of it, but very few people are clear about what it is. In truth, there are many different types of empathy. For example, empathy has be defined as an ability:
- To imagine oneself within another person’s experience,
- To mimic the posture or expressions of another,
- To read another person’s thoughts (mind-reading),
- To project one’s senses into a work of art,
- To feel what someone else feels, and even
- To care about another person’s well being.
- WHAT IS EMPATHY?
- EMPATHY AS A SENSE AND A SKILL
- INSTANTANEOUS VS. PROCESS EMPATHY
- HOW DOES ONE DEVELOP EMPATHY?
- WHY IS DEVELOPING EMPATHY IMPORTANT?