People Withhold Empathy Until They See Tears Because …
- They are not listening to customer’s words and tone of voice. They are too busy reading from a script and stating procedures.
- They feel overwhelmed by current work conditions. Instead of focusing on customer’s stress, they are focusing on their own.
- Leadership has told them to enforce procedures. Leadership has failed to say that procedures are a guide not a big bat.
- They don’t like themselves or their jobs. They are thinking of the customer as someone who makes their lives difficult.
- They have low intuition and/or low emotional intelligence. It’s not until the customer becomes very upset that they see the human need.
- Leadership has not trained staff in how to develop and show empathy.
by Kate Nasser |