An upcoming issue of Cutter IT Journal will explore the application of empathy as the basis of system design.
Suggested topics may include, but are not limited to the following:
- What opportunities does an empathy-based approach provide?
- What are the incremental costs and benefits of an empathy-based approach?
- What are some examples of successes realized by industry leaders who have already leveraged this approach?
- What are the challenges and impediments to an empathy-based approach?
- What are the potential applications of an empathy-based approach beyond “core” technology?
- How is empathy in design different or similar to EQ?
- What impact does empathy in design have on Change Management as a discipline and as a process step in system implementation?
- What specific steps within an SDLC might be directly altered using an empathy-based design approach and what would be the overall impact?
- How does empathy as the basis of design align to brand management?
- What relevance does empathy have on a customer-centric/customer-connected/customer- collaboration approach to business in the 21st century?