Empathy is a good thing, without a doubt. But why is empathy so good? We now have a whole slew of studies to aid our understanding of how empathy helps, well, just about everything.
Here are three examples.
1. It’s good for the environment…
After surveying roughly 3,500 people about what factors would lead them to reduce their carbon footprint to help slow global warming, the scientists found that tapping into our tendency toward compassion for others was a more effective motivator than appealing to self-interest…
2. It’s good for business….
Managers with more empathy may translate to healthier employees, research published in Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes shows. ..
3. It’s good for relationships
- Increases altruistic behavior:
- Reduces racism
- Reduces bullying and aggression in children:
- Benefits intimate relationships:…