by Bud Nye
The heart has its reasons, of which reason knows nothing.
All our so-called consciousness is a more or less fantastic commentary upon an unknown text, one that is perhaps unknowable but still felt.
The human body is the best picture of the soul.
- Does “talking with someone” help us?
- What does “empathy” refer to?
- Where does empathy come from? (What allows it to happen?)
- What qualifies as “empathy”, and what does not?
Can we always use empathy when communicating with others?
- Do we have different kinds of empathy?
- Do women have the ability to communicate more empathically than men?
How does empathy relate to attachment theory?
- In what ways can empathy benefit ESG participants?
What importance does empathy have in emotion focused ESGs, ASGs and life?
- How do most therapists perform using empathy?
- Why do we usually have such trouble interacting in empathic ways with others?
- Should we consider humans inherently selfish?
- What tends to suppress our natural tendency empathically to care for others?
Where, geographically, do we find the greatest reported sense of well-being and happiness?
- Does a support group that emphasizes learning about and using empathy require a professional therapist?
- What about self-empathy?
- How do we empathically deal with another person’s defenses?
- How do we best see empathy as helping others to adapt in more healthy ways?
- What do we wish to accomplish emotionally with empathy?
- How might we learn to use empathy within EF ESG and ASG meetings?